Whether you are a BD employee or not, when you participate in events organised by BD (Business & Decision Belgium NV, Rue Saint-Lambert 141, 1200 Woluwe-Saint-Lambert, company number 0453.257.244) you must be aware that we collect some personal data about you as a data controller.
WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Those personal data are collected directly from you when you complete the registration form. The data collected include:
- Personal identification data (e.g. name, first name, email address, phone number);
- Professional data (e.g. company you work for);
- Information about food allergies/preferences;
- Images recording (pictures/videos taken during the event);
- Your feedback/comments about the event you attend.
FOR WHICH PURPOSES DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data are processed by BD based on our legitimate interests to manage our events and contact you. More specifically, we process your personal data in order to:
- Manage our event attendees;
- Contact you with regard to the event you have registered for;
- Inform you about our other events and activities that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such information, you can contact us at any time at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Run statistics with regard to our events attendees;
- Analyse your feedback in order to improve our future events;
- Provide you food that match your preferences;
- Use photos and videos on which you may appear as mood images for the promotion of the event and its future editions, and publish it on our website, our intranet and on our social media. You have the right to request the removal of these photos. You can do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with your surname, name and the name of the event you attended as well as the indication of the photo or video in question.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
BD keep your personal data continuously protected. BD has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls designed to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal data. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM?
In accordance with legislation regarding the protection of personal data, you have, under specific circumstances defined in the legislation, certain rights in connection with your personal data:
- Right to receive information about the processing of your personal data by BD, to request access to your personal data and to obtain a copy of those data;
- Right to request that your personal data are rectified if you notice they are inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to request erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- Right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data by BD in certain circumstances. In that case, the processing of your data will be suspended while your data are retained;
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstance;
- Right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in certain circumstances or to request the transfer of your data by BD to another party, if it is technically possible.
Those rights are free of charge and can be exercised at any time.
If you want to exercise one of your right, you can send your request, with proof of identity (copy of your ID card), by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within one month after having received it with the proof of identity.
You still have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority in the event you think BD doesn’t process your personal data in accordance with the legislation. However, we encourage you, as a first step, to speak with us to analyse your problem and try to find a solution.
HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT THIS PRIVACY NOTE?
If you have questions regarding the processing of your personal data by BD or regarding the present document, feel free to contact us by email to the following address: email@example.com.